COLORADO SPRINGS — The latest storm's snowfall has wrapped up, leaving behind cold temperatures and icy roads. Major roadways have been pretty clear Tuesday morning with snow plows out in full force and no major accidents to report. Because of this, there are no more updates to be added. If there are any major updates, this blog will be live again and continuously updated.
News5 and the First Alert 5 Weather Team has you covered on-air, online and on social media for all the information you need on storm conditions, road conditions, any closures and delays, and what you need to know before you head out the door.
Crash on northbound I-25 south of Rockrimmon has been cleared.
A crash on northbound I-25 just south of Rockrimmon has the exit lane and right lane blocked. Use caution this morning if you are out driving and leave plenty of space between you and the next car.
Snow plows are out in full force this morning as crews work to keep the roads clear ahead of your morning drive. In Colorado Springs, snow plows focus on two routes: primary and secondary. Primary routes are the ones that see more traffic flow and these roads have to be cleared first. Some examples of primary routes include Woodmen Road, Academy Boulevard and Platte Avenue. City crews do not work on I-25, Highway 24 or Powers Boulevard because it is treated by the Colorado Department of Transportation. CDOT says there are about 100 plows working the interstates and major roadways in the Denver area this morning.
The Colorado Department of Transportation is warning drivers of slick commutes, especially if you are driving between Castle Rock and Monument in the I-25 South Gap project. Take it slow this morning if you have to drive and add extra time to your trip. Give yourself extra space between you and the vehicle in front of you.
Commute times are pretty slow going to Denver, but honestly not as bad as it could be. We're running around 15 to 20 mins slower than normal to get north pic.twitter.com/CfgpqjADbL— Sam Schreier (@SamASchreier) February 4, 2020
Meteorologist Alan Rose and News5's Jessica Barreto are out in Colorado Springs and Pueblo, respectively, monitoring road conditions this morning.
Flurries continue to fall in Pueblo and temperatures are still dropping. News5's Jessica Barreto is out in Pueblo this morning giving you the latest updates on road conditions from Highway 50 to downtown.
It is cold outside this morning. Most of southern Colorado's snow fell late Monday and will continue through the morning on Tuesday. Here's what you need to know:
The Colorado Springs Police Department and the Fountain Police Department both remain on Accident Alert status. If you are involved in an accident with no injuries and drugs or alcohol are not suspected factors in the crash, you are asked to exchange information and report the accident online. This goes into effect when there are a high number of accidents and not enough resources to go around, or when there’s a large incident and officers are unavailable.
Southern Colorado saw lots of snow yesterday and that means roads are slick this morning but bearable. Multiple News5 team members were able to drive in the Rockrimmon area in front-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive, so just take it slow and be cautious if you're commuting this morning
A whole bunch of snow totals will be rolling in shortly, but here's an update to our list pic.twitter.com/S0itCxNwei— Sam Schreier (@SamASchreier) February 4, 2020
Updated list of closures and delays:
- Academy D-20 - Closed today
- Air Force Academy - Delayed 2 hours; For all non mission-essential personnel
- AspenPointe - Delayed 2 hours; All offices open at 10:00 AM
- Banning Lewis Ranch Academy - Closed Today
- Calhan RJ-1 - Closed today
- Canon City RE-1 - Closed Today. E-Learning for secondary schools is in effect.
- Cheyenne Mtn. D-12 - Closed Today
- Church For All Nations - Offices opening at 9 a.m.
- City of Manitou Springs - Delayed 2 hours; This includes all government offices. Snowplowing and emergency operations will continue.
- CIVA Charter School - Closed today
- Colorado Military Academy - Closed today
- Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind - Closed today
- Colorado Springs Charter Academy - Delayed 2 hours
- Colorado Springs Christian Schools - Closed Today
- Colorado Springs Housing Authority - Delayed 2 hours; Offices will open at 10:00 am for non-essential staff
- Colorado State University Pueblo - Pueblo campus and Colorado Springs tower location to open at 10 a.m.
- Colo. Springs D-11 - Closed today
- Connect Charter Academy - Delayed 1 hour, 30 minutes; 9:30 a.m. report time.
- Corpus Christi Catholic School - Closed today
- Cotopaxi School RE-3 - Closed today
- Cripple Creek-Victor RE-1 - Closed today
- Custer County Dist. C-1 - Closed today
- Divine Redeemer Catholic School - Delayed 2 hours
- Edison 54JT - Delayed 2 hours; No Career Start/College bus
- Elbert Dist. 200 - Delayed 2 hours
- Elizabeth School District - Delayed 1 hour
- Ellicott D-22 - Closed today
- ENT Credit Union - Opening at 10 a.m.
- Entrada School-Based Health Center - Closed Today
- Falcon D-49 - Closed Today
- Falcon School-Based Health Center - Closed Today
- First Presbyterian Church - Opening at 10 am, No AM preschool. All morning activities canceled.
- First Lutheran Church - Closed today
- Focus on the Family - Delayed 2 hours; Opening at 10am.
- Fort Carson - 2 hours late. Report time is now 1 p.m.
- Fountain-Ft. Carson D-8 - Closed Today
- Fountain Valley School - Closed today
- Fremont County Head Start - Closed today
- Fremont Dist. RE-2 - Closed today
- Hanover Dist. 28 - Closed today, No out-of-district transportation
- Harrison D-2 - Closed Today
- Holy Trinity Academy - Closed Today
- Huerfano Re-1 - Closed Today
- James Irwin Charter Schools - Closed today
- Lake George Charter School - Closed today
- La Veta RE-2 - Closed today
- Lewis-Palmer D-38 - Closed Today
- Manitou D-14 - Closed Today
- Miami-Yoder Dist. 60 JT - Closed today
- Monument Academy Charter School - Closed Today
- Mountain Metro Transit - Most routes running as usual. Check web or app for delays on some routes
- Mountain Springs Church - Delayed 2 hours; Will be opening at 10:30 a.m.
- New Life Church - Opening at 10 a.m.
- Peterson Air Force Base - Delayed 2 hours; Non-mission essential personnel report no earlier than 0930.
- Peyton Dist. 23 JT - Delayed 2 hours; No AM Preschool, Career Start, MiLL
- Pikes Peak BOCES and School of Excellence - Closed today
- Pikes Peak Christian School - Closed today
- Pikes Peak Community College - All campuses closed
- Pikes Peak Expeditionary Learning - Delayed 2 hours; No AM kindergarten
- Pikes Peak Library District - Delayed 3 hours; All locations will open at 11 AM
- Pima Medical Institute - Delayed 2 hours
- Primero RE2 School District - closed today
- Pueblo Chemical Depot - Delayed 2 hours; For non-mission essential staff.
- Pueblo City Schools D-60 - Delayed 2 hours; No AM preschool
- Pueblo Community College - Fremont campus closed. Pueblo 2-hour delay.
- Pueblo D-70 - Closed today
- Radiant Church - Delayed 2 hours; Opening at 11am.
- School for Deaf and Blind - Delayed 2 hours; No AM preschool.
- Schriever Air Force Base - Delayed 2 hours; For non-mission-essential staff.
- Security Public Library - Closed Today
- Silver Key Senior Services - Delayed 2 hours
- Southside Childrens Center - Delayed 2 hours; 1 & 2
- St. John Neumann Catholic School - Closed today
- St. Mary's High School - Delayed 2 hours
- St. Paul Catholic School - Closed Today
- St. Therese Catholic School - Delayed 2 hours
- The Colorado Springs School - Closed today
- The University School - Closed Today
- The Vanguard School - Closed Today
- Thomas MacLaren School - Closed today
- Trinidad School District - Closed Today
- University of Colorado-Colorado Springs - Delayed 2 hours; Campus offices, classes and activities held prior to 10 AM are canceled.
- Walsenburg Huerfano RE-1 - Delayed 2 hours; No AM preschool
- Widefield D-3 - Closed Today
- Woodland Park Dist. RE-2 - Closed Today
Snow totals show coverage through most of the Pikes Peak Region overnight with snow continuing to fall south of Pueblo and east across the plains.
See a complete school closing and delay list by clicking here: School Closings & Delays
Live traffic incidents can be found with our interactive traffic map.
KOAA Facebook / KOAA Twitter / KOAA_5 Instagram
Latest First Alert 5 Weather forecast
School Closings & Delays
DIA Delays / FlyCOS Delays
Watch News5 LIVE newscasts
Download the News5 App
Download the First Alert 5 Weather App
Download the First Alert 5 Weather App