NewsCovering Colorado


Several treated after hazardous materials incident

Posted at 9:32 PM, Feb 03, 2019
and last updated 2019-02-03 23:45:04-05

COLORADO SPRINGS – Several people were treated, including two firefighters, after a hazardous materials incident at a Colorado Springs apartment building.

The Colorado Springs Fire Department says a three story building was evacuated due to high carbon monoxide levels.

It happened Sunday evening at Fir Tree Apartments, near Palmer Park.

Crews had to check every apartment before any residents could be allowed back inside.