In accordance with Colorado law, the Colorado Springs Police Department is alerting the community that a "sexually violent predator" has moved to a new address in CSPD’s jurisdiction.
According to CSPD, Luke Brovetto is a sex offender whose past behavior has led him to be labeled a "sexually violent predator," (SVP).
As is required by law, CSPD has undertaken the following tasks:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board Notification Team
- Reviewed and confirmed Brovetto’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes
- Made personal and or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area
- Briefed patrol personnel on Brovetto’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment, and vehicles
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information, and additional resources for the community
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: www.coloradosprings.gov. Click on Departments, then click on Police Department, then on Search for Sex Offender Information
CSPD said it will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that Brovetto registers as a sex offender and that he understands his responsibilities as such.
A look at Brovetto’s criminal history shows that he was convicted of attempted sexual assault in Teller County, in 2009. He was also convicted of attempted sexual assault on a child in Teller County, in 2002.
Brovetto’s list of convictions also include a violation of bond conditions in 2010, driving under the influence in 2009, driving while ability impaired in 2007, felony theft in 2002, underage possession/consumption of alcohol in 2001, motor vehicle theft in 2001, and possession of an illegal weapon in 2001.
According to CSPD, Brovetto is registered and residing at 911 West Colorado Ave. #1. He is described as a white male, 37-years-old, 5’9", 180 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Brovetto is one of 15 sexually violent predators currently registered with CSPD who reside in the community.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process may contact Detective Rob Meredith of the Colorado Springs Police Department’s Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7665.