If you love the Earth, (and who doesn’t?) there’s plenty of chances to give the environment a little love on Earth Day in southern Colorado.
Here’s a list of events:
COLORADO SPRINGS AREA
- The Great American Cleanup is happening Saturday across El Paso County at 27 different locations including, Calhan, Colorado Springs, Falcon, Fountain, Manitou Springs and Monument at 9 a.m. To volunteer you’re asked to register first. To register, click here.
- In coordination with the Great American Clean up, there is an all day event to pick up trash in North Cheyenne Canon Park on Saturday at 9 a.m. Lunch will be provided, and you’re asked to bring a reusable bottle for water. RSVP by calling the Starsmore Visitor and Nature Center at 719-385-6086.
- April Stools Day is happening at Bear Creek Dog Park from 9 a.m. to noon to pick up pet waste on Saturday.
- The Garden of the Gods is hosting an Earth Day Celebration from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This free event at the Visitor and Nature Center features activities, demonstrations, educational booths and live animals. You can park at Rock Ledge Ranch and take the free shuttle to the visitor center. The shuttle will run every 15 minutes.
- The Garden of the Gods is having a motorless morning from 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Sunday to observe Earth Day
- There is a cleanup happening at Lake Pueblo State Park from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sunday. Volunteers should meet at the Quail Run Picnic Area. Lunch will be provided and park entry will be free for volunteers.
- There will be a recycling event on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the State Fairgrounds Carnival lot. The event is open to Pueblo City and County residents. it will accept the following materials.
- Latex paint, light bulbs, alkaline batteries, lead batteries are free.
- Fees charged for computers and tvs 0.60/lb
- Freon items $5 each.
- Used passenger tires [limit 12] $1 each
- NO CHEMICALS
- Click here for more details
- There will be a Spruce Up Pueblo event Saturday at 9 a.m. at 800 Goodnight Ave. at the Pueblo Parks and Recreation administrative building. You can sign up here .
- There is an Earth Day run challenge happening Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Raynolds Trailhead, across from the Cañon City Recreation District office The event is free and is described as a morning run, where participants are encouraged to pick up trash along the route. Bags will be provided, but you can bring your own.