KOAA-TV, the local news and information leader in Colorado Springs is seeking an experienced professional to join our team as a Media Consultant. If you love to build client relationships and are looking for room to grow professionally and financially, this is the right place and opportunity for you.
Our focus in on our client’s success. What we do for our partners works, and we prove it with transparent media attribution tools each month in our client reporting meetings.
The positive culture at KOAA and the unique Colorado lifestyle is unparalleled anywhere else in the country. KOAA operates a state-of-the-art facility in Colorado Springs, nestled in the foothills below Pikes Peak. The fully modern facility includes every advantage you need to perform your role in today’s fast-paced digital world as well as recreation areas and a workout facility.
The ideal candidate will aggressively pursue new clients and grow existing relationships with our #1 NBC, 24/7 News/Weather station and the most progressive digital products available. Most importantly, this candidate will be immersed in a positive culture that fosters personal and professional growth. We are looking for a motivated, successful professional with a passion for taking care of clients and contributing to a strong sales team.
Specific Responsibilities: The MC is responsible for prospecting, presenting, closing and maintaining a growing list of local advertising clients. To achieve this, the Media Consultant will:
- Prospect for new advertisers and research new client categories.
- Establish and maintain excellent, mutually beneficial working relationships with local advertisers.
- The ability to understand client objectives and marketing strategies and process them into effective solutions.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, including high accessibility and responsiveness to inquiries and support requests.
- Work precisely and cooperatively with marketing producers and Informed Interactive to ensure clients have effective commercials produced in a timely manner.
- Must have good attention to detail, time management skills and a comfort level working in a commission only environment.
Position Requirements: The Media Consultant should have the following, or comparable, skills, abilities and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 year sales, business development or related experience, preferably in broadcast media, interactive and/or media services.
- A broad working knowledge of the fundamentals and emerging trends of interactive media sales, advertising, and marketing solutions for local businesses.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communications skills; presentation skills; and interpersonal communications skills.
To apply: Send an email to KOAA Director of Sales Ross White using firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your resume, cover letter and preferred method of contact.