A Spring storm continues to drop heavy rain with some snow across southern Colorado.
Snow totals have been few and far between this morning with Teller County seeing at least 5 inches of snow as of 9 pm Tuesday.
We'll continue to see heavy rain along the Highway 50 corridor with spotty flooding concerns in low-lying areas.
5 AM Update:
Most pavement in the Pikes Peak Region is just wet. Some snow accumulation has been noted between Falcon and Calhan, as well as most highways in Teller County.
Pueblo has see 1.6 inches of precipitation since Tuesday, which is roughly a half inch away from what we typically see in Pueblo over the entire month of July!
3 AM Update:
Snow levels have fallen to 6,000 feet but for most of El Paso County, the pavement is just wet. Woodland Park reported 5 inches of snow around 9 pm Tuesday night, and as of 3 am the roads are covered in a mix of slush and snow.
Pueblo broke a precipitation record at 6:40 pm Tuesday, measuring 0.69 inches of water and beating a previous record of 0.68 inches set back in 1890. Heavy rain through the morning could lead to a few areas of street flooding in typical low-lying spots.
Temperatures are only just starting to reach freezing in parts of the Pikes Peak Region as of 3 am, meaning most of the pavement below 7,000 feet will stay wet through the morning commute.
Well, Pueblo has set a new record daily precipitation total for today! 🌧️— NWS Pueblo (@NWSPueblo) April 26, 2023
As of 640PM, 0.69 inches of precipitation has been measured, breaking the old record of 0.68 inches set in 1890! #cowx
School Closures and Delays
Multiple schools and businesses across southern Colorado have canceled classes or have called for delays, below are a few notable closures and delays:
Academy District 20 Delayed 2 hours
Air Force Academy: Delayed 2 hours; For Non-Essential
Banning Lewis Academy: Delayed 2 hours
Calhan RJ1: Closed. Secondary schools are on E-Learning
Colorado Springs District 11: Delayed 2 hours
Cripple Creek-Victor: Closed
District 49: Delayed 2 hours
Fountain Fort Carson Dist 8: 2 hours late
Lewis-Palmer D38: 2 hours late
University of Colorado-Colorado Springs Delayed 2 hrs.
Widefield D3: Delayed 2 horus
You can follow along and find the current school closing and delay list here.
- Get your latest First Alert 5 Weather Forecast
- Find the current school closing and delay list
- Keep track of flight delays at Denver International Airport or the Colorado Springs Airport
- Watch KOAA News5 LIVE newscasts and updated content throughout the day in your browser, the News5 App, or your favorite streaming device.
- Download the free News5 App for your iOS or Android device to get the latest headlines and news across Colorado.
- Download the free First Alert 5 Weather App for your iOS or Android device to get the latest headlines and news across Colorado.
- You can find us on social media with KOAA on Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter