Colorado Parks and Wildlife is inviting Coloradans to get a breath of fresh air at any of its state parks on Friday for free.
This marks CPW's sixth annual Fresh Air Friday, when visitors can enter any of the state's 42 state parks free of charge. Most parks are around $10 per vehicle — some are a few dollars more and some are less — for users who don't have an annual state parks pass.
All visitors are required to follow COVID-19 community health guidelines, and are encouraged to practice Leave No Trace. This includes:
- Checking the COVID-19 dial and public health order for the county you're going to
- Recreate with only those in your household
- Spread out on trails and maintain social distance
- Wear a face mask inside (and outside when social distancing is difficult)
- Wash your hands often
- Pack out all your trash
- If you bring your dog, pick up after it and put the poop bag in a trash can. Do not leave it on the side of the trail
Because Friday is a state employee furlough day, some visitor centers may not be open.