The combination of treacherous driving conditions and crashes around Colorado have closed down multiple major roads and highways.
Keep up with the latest on closures here or our traffic radar .
CDOT is advising people to avoid westbound I-70 into the mountains, and many of the highways headed to eastern Colorado are also closed.
These are the highways that were closed as of 1 p.m. across the state:
- I-70 was closed both directions from Airpark Road (east of Denver) to the Kansas border for much of the morning. The westbound lanes of I-70 reopened between Limon and Denver at 1 p.m., and from Burlington to Limon around 1:30 p.m. Eastbound I-70 remains closed to Kansas.
- I-70 has reopened at exit 248 (Beaver Brook) near Floyd Hill after a major rockslide. US 6 has also reopened between I-70 and CO 119.
- I-70 closed westbound at Dowds Junction, between Vail and Eagle, due to a fatal crash . The eastbound lanes have reopened . CSP says the westbound lanes will likely be closed until 4 p.m. for hazmat mitigation and further investigation. A semi-truck driver was killed in the crash.
- I-76 closed both directions from Lochbuie to Nebraska border
- Highway 58 between Golden and I-70 has closed due to multiple crashes, according to CDOT
- U.S. Highway 34 closed both directions from Wiggins to Kersey
- U.S. Highway 34 closed both directions from Brush to Otis
- U.S. Highway 36 closed both directions between Estes Park and Lyons
- U.S. Highway 36 closed both directions Last Chance to Kansas
- U.S. 160 closed both directions between mile markers 262 and 304 over La Veta Pass
- U.S. Highway 287 closed both directions from Ted’s Place to Wyoming
- Northbound U.S. 385 closed at Burlington
- CO 52 closed both directions from Hudson to Wiggins
- CO 52 closed both directions Fort Morgan to State Highway 14
- CO 71 closed both directions Limon to Brush
- CO 86 closed both directions Kiowa to I-70
- Southbound CO 86 closed at Kentuck Ave. in Lakewood
- Highway 287 is closed between Wiley and Limon