PUEBLO — Update: 5/7/20, 4:00 p.m.
The United Way of Pueblo County is pleased to announce the recipients of the Emergency Response & Recovery Fund Grant Awards for Round 1.
The Fund Distribution Committee has awarded a total of $95,000 to the following agencies:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Pueblo County
- Care and Share Food Bank
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Pueblo Inc.
- Custer County Community Sharing Center
- Eastside Action Support Team
- La Veta Village, Inc.
- Mt. Carmel Health, Wellness and Community Center
- Pueblo Community Soup Kitchen
- Pueblo Cooperative Care Center
- Pueblo Rescue Mission
- Senior Resource Development Agency
- Southern Colorado Harm Reduction Association
- Tri-County Family Care Center, Inc.
- YWCA of Pueblo
An additional contribution was designated to South Park Elementary by Big Bear Wine & Liquors.
The committee was encouraged by the number of nonprofit agencies who applied and are responding to the increased levels of need caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. More than $200,000 in grant requests were received for Round 1.
A group in Pueblo is working hard to help the community in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The United Way of Pueblo County is raising money for their Emergency Response & Recovery Fund to help out local non-profits.
UWPC says the need is great.
"We know that events have been canceled," said Shanna Farmer, President & CEO of United Way of Pueblo County. "Their contributions may be down because they are dependent on ticket sales that are no longer happening. So we are looking for immediate and mid to long recovery right now."
Applications are open for non-profits to apply for assistance.
If you would like to donate, click here.