Snow fell across southern Colorado last night, and now we have to deal with slick and icy roads.
Another issue is the dense fog forming through the region, making visibility less than a mile in many cases.
For the most part, the snow has stopped across the region other than leftover flurries and snow showers across the mountains.
The slickest drives without a doubt will be at elevations over 7,000 feet in Fremont, Custer, and Huerfano counties, as well as mountain passes to our west.
As of 5:15 a.m., the following military installations and organizations are on a delayed schedule:
• Fort Carson - DELAYED report time of 9 a.m. for TUESDAY DEC. 29.
• Peterson-Schriever Garrison - Peterson, Schriever, Cheyenne Mountain: Delayed reporting: Non-mission essential depart residence no earlier than 9:30 a.m.
• Pueblo Chemical Depot - 2 Hours Late
Cities & Counties
• Colorado Springs Housing Authority - Offices will open at 10 a.m. for non-essential staff
• Compassion International - 3 Hours Late. 10 a.m. start time
• New Life - Opening at 10 a.m.
The Colorado Department of Transportation is reporting a crash on northbound I-25 between the US 85 exit and Mesa Ridge Parkway exit near Fountain. The right lane is blocked as of 5:55 a.m. as emergency crews respond. Use caution as you commute this morning.
Live traffic conditions can be found on the map below.
Please drive safe today and take your time getting to work. Leave early and pack extra things like a hat and gloves in case you were to get stuck or have an accident.