COLORADO SPRINGS — The Sports Corp has made some changes to their schedule of events this year due to COVID-19.
In order to comply with social distancing guidelines, The Sports Corp has modified their 2020 calendar. Here is a list of events that may be impacted:
· Olympic Museum Grand Opening: POSTPONED, Date TBD, possibly in late July
· Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack: RESCHEDULED for September 19-20
· Rocky Mountain State Games: as scheduled, July 17-19 & 24-26
o Some sports to be cancelled, final list of sports available next week
· Olympic Downtown Celebration: CANCELLED, to be held July, 2021
· The Broadmoor Pikes Peak Cycling Hill Climb: as scheduled, August 8
Colorado Springs was looking forward to the opening of The U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum-- and parade to follow-- prior to summer to showcase the history and bring in tourists. According to the organization's website, "A growing food scene and the renovated Broadmoor resort are among the reasons Colorado Springs is considered one of the top places to visit in 2020."
While the Olympic related events have tentative dates for July, people can still count on the Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack, Rocky Mountain State Games, and The Broadmoor Pikes Peak Cycling Hill Climb.
For more information about The Sports Corp events, check out their website here.