COLORADO SPRINGS — To help keep your Christmas tree out of a landfill, El Paso County will take it off your hands and recycle it in this year's TreeCycle event.
Every donation can be made at the suggested price of $5 per tree and that will help benefit local youth sports, according to the county.
There will be seven locations to drop off your tree over two weekends.
The first weekend will be Dec. 28 and 29 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The second weekend will be Jan. 4 and 5 during the same time frame.
Here are the locations you can drop your tree off at:
- Baptist Road Trailhead located at Baptist Road and Old Denver Highway
- Falcon Trailhead located southwest of Woodmen Road and McLaughlin Road
- Cottonwood Creek park located at Dublin Boulevard and Montarbor Road
- Sky Sox Stadium located at Barnes Road and Tutt Boulevard
- Rock Ledge Rance located at Gateway Road and 30th Street
- Memorial Park located at Pikes Peak Avenue and Union Boulevard
If you can't make it to either of these donation events, no need to worry. The county said donations can be made at Rocky Top Resources on Las Vegas Street from Jan. 2 to 31. You can drop trees off from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
Be sure to leave your decorations at home before bringing the tree to donate!