COLORADO SPRINGS — Police in Colorado Springs are reminding people to get rid of unwanted or unused drugs.
To help in that process they're holding another Drug Take Back day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 26.
Police are partnering with the DEA to collect prescription medication to prevent it ending up in the wrong hands.
"So we'll have several collection points around the city, and between ten am and two pm you can bring those in, and basically dispose of those with us, and they'll be transferred to DEA, and they'll be destroyed," said Lt. James Sokolik from CSPD.
Drop off locations in Colorado Springs are:
- CSPD Police Operations Center, 705 North Nevada Ave.
- El Paso County Household Hazardous Waste Facility, 3255 Akers Drive
- University of Colorado Memorial Hospital North, 4050 Briargate Parkway
- Security Fire Station 1, 400 Security Blvd.
- King Sooopers #134, 7915 Constitution Ave.
The DEA officers a site locator to find the location nearest to you anywhere in the country.