COLORADO SPRINGS — The Colorado Springs Fire Department is responding to a house fire that caused part of the home to collapse Friday morning.
Fire officials said the crews responded around 6:30 a.m. to the 1300 block of Bennett Ave. CSFD said they are fighting the fire from outside due to a gas meter being exposed.
CSFD is fighting a house fire at Bennett and Northview in central Colorado Springs. There is significant damage to the home. No word on injuries yet. pic.twitter.com/nW6bVODO3E— PhotoJuice News5 (@PhotoJuiceNews5) January 31, 2020
The fire department said there were seven people in the home at the time and everyone made it out safely.
A News5 crew at the home learned the fire is from a gas line and firefighters are unable to reach the shutoff valve safely. Colorado Springs Utilities will have to clamp the line to cut off the gas, according to CSFD.
In the area of the home, heavy smoke can be seen on Palmer Park Boulevard. Use caution in the area while fire crews continue to work on the fire.