COLORADO SPRINGS — The holidays are closing in and most government agencies will observe the Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day fall on Tuesday and Wednesday next week, respectively.
New Year's Day is on Wednesday the following week.
These are the offices and agencies closed during these days:
- Administrative offices for Mountain Metropolitan Transit
- City Administration Building
- City Clerk
- City Hall
- Colorado Springs Pioneer Museum
- Helen Hunt Falls Visitor Center, which is closed for season
- Municipal Court
- Otis, Hillside, Meadows Park and Deerfield Community Centers
- Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Administrative Building
- Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site
- Sales Tax Office
- Sports Office and Therapeutic Recreation Program at Memorial Park
- Starsmore Visitor and Nature Center
Despite these offices closing for the holiday, there will be limited hours of operation at other agencies:
- Garden of the Gods is open
- Pikes Peak - America's Mountain will be closed Christmas Day, but open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Christmas Eve and New Year's Day depending on the weather
- Evergreen and Fairview cemeteries will have its gates open to visitors, but its offices will be closed
- Sertich Ice Center will be open from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, public skate will be open 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on New Year's Day
- Skate in the Park will be open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, closed on Christmas Day. It will be open on New Year's Day 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.