Heavy snow fell across southern Colorado last night, mainly in areas south of the Pikes Peak Region.
We still have heavy snow on the radar below, mainly from Pueblo down to Walsenburg and out west in the Wet and Sangre De Cristo Mountains.
Snow will continue to fall through the morning, but we're expecting increasingly lighter snow as the sun comes up and the storm energy moves farther west towards California.
1/19 4:30 AM Update: CDOT images show that roads appear to be in fairly good shape from Pueblo to Colorado Springs, but look more difficult as you head south on I-25. Use caution traveling south of Pueblo this morning, especially from Walsenburg to Trinidad. #cowx pic.twitter.com/d5glEcRbKw— NWS Pueblo (@NWSPueblo) January 19, 2021
As mentioned in this tweet by the Pueblo National Weather Service branch, CDOT road cameras show hazardous driving conditions for most of I-25 south of Pueblo as well as our main mountain passes like La Veta and Raton Pass.
Here are the updated snow totals as of 7:30 a.m.
A few refreshed snow totals from across the region! Really good moisture in our southern mountains and I-25 south of Pueblo, but there will be a lot of slick and tricky drives until the plows can get things cleaned up. pic.twitter.com/ZHInNggtPC— Sam Schreier (@SamASchreier) January 19, 2021
Take extra time commuting through the southern mountains and along I-25 south of Pueblo. Share any snow totals or pictures on the KOAA Facebook page.
See a complete school closing and delay list below:
• Cotopaxi Fremont RE-3 - Cotopaxi Schools are moving to remote learning for all students today due to weather and road conditions. UPDATE Posted: Tue. 19th, 06:06 AM
• Cripple Creek-Victor - 2 Hours Late
• La Veta Sch. Dist. RE-2 - Closed. K-12 Remote Learning.
• Primero RE-2 School District - Closed UPDATE
• Pueblo Dist. 70 - Mountain schools CLOSED (Rye, Craver, Beulah) and in E-Learning today. Pueblo West and Mesa schools will be on a 2-hour delay. No morning Pre School. Afternoon Pre School as scheduled in PW and Mesa areas only. More Info Here
• Fremont Co. Head Start - Remote learning day for children. Staff report as scheduled
• St. John Neumann Catholic School - 2 Hours Late