NewsCovering Colorado

Actions

CSFD issues reminder about fire safety after a dog switched on an oven causing a small fire

Posted at 7:35 PM, Jul 02, 2024

COLORADO SPRINGS — The Colorado Springs Fire Department (CSFD) has issued a reminder about fire safety. Last week, firefighters were called out to a possible fire at a home off Rushmore Drive.

That fire was put out by a family member, who was then taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.

According to CSFD, home security video revealed that the family dog had switched on the oven, which had some boxes on it.

This is a reminder to have your smoke detectors checked regularly and make sure you have an escape plan.
___



What's in store for Monsoon Season in southern Colorado

If you've lived in Colorado for a few years, you're familiar with the North American Monsoon. If you're not, buckle up...because it's on the way.

The summer monsoon is coming, here's this year's forecast

News Tips
What should KOAA5 cover? Is there a story, topic, or issue we should revisit? Have a story you believe should make the light of day? Let our newsroom know with the contact form below.

____

Watch KOAA News5 on your time, anytime with our free streaming app available for your Roku, FireTV, AppleTV and Android TV. Just search KOAA News5, download and start watching.