If you plan on driving on U.S. Highway 24 this week, you can expect some delays.
Colorado Department of Transportation crews will be doing paving improvements on the highway on Tuesday, July 16 and Wednesday, 17. Paving will take place between Cascade Ave. and Woodland Park from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Traffic will be down to one lane in each direction and the speed limit will be 55 miles per hour.
Here are some tips from CDOT if you plan on driving in that area:
- Do not speed in work zones. Obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers. Drive with caution.
- Don't change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile devices such as phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so.
- Be patient!