NewsCovering Colorado


Good samaritans prevent fire in Pueblo home from growing

Posted at 6:37 PM, Dec 26, 2018
and last updated 2018-12-26 20:37:04-05

PUEBLO – Quick-thinking good samaritans in Pueblo prevented a garage fire from being much worse Wednesday.

The fire happened on E. Orman Ave., near Indiana Ave. around 2 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.

Two workers from a drain cleaning company noticed the fire on their way to one of their calls and alerted the family inside the home. The workers also called 9111, moved a vehicle, and prevented the fire from spreading by using a garden hose.

“Your instincts just kick into gear and you just grab what you can and do what is best for the family and for the home and their property,” said Kyle Miller. “You just try to protect them as well as others.”

Firefighters were able to contain the flames and no one was injured.