ELLICOTT – Falcon firefighters were contacted about a barn fire in the 15200 block of Ellicott Highway at about 12:30 p.m. Monday afternoon.
When crews arrived, the building was fully engulfed in flames. The owner of the barn told News5 that the building was used to house their bees. They said they put a space heater inside the barn to help keep the bees warm and that they believe that one of their cats may have knocked the heater over and ignited the fire.
The building is a total loss. Falcon firefighters said that the snow on the ground prevented the flames from spreading and turning into a large wildland fire.