GameStop announced Wednesday it will close up to 200 stores worldwide, according to CNBC. The company's second quarter earnings report states, "total global sales decreased 14.3% to $1.3 billion, resulting in a consolidated comparable store sales decrease of 11.6%."
“Optimizing our store base for an increasingly digital world is essential for the future and increasing the profit productivity,” CEO George Sherman said on an earnings call with analysts Tuesday as reported by CNBC.
The company based in the Dallas-Fort Worth area operates more than 5,800 stores worldwide. In recent years, the company's brands have diversified in response to competitors who allow gamers to download content over broadband connections, plus online retailers like Amazon.
A list of stores to be closed has not yet been released by the company.
Here are the GameStop locations in southern Colorado:
- 7481 N Academy Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- 3235 E Platte Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- 1908 Southgate Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
- 3732 Bloomington St, Colorado Springs, CO 80922
- 1580 Space Center Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
- 2850 S Academy Blvd #109, Colorado Springs, CO 80916
- 5620 E Woodmen Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- 750 Citadel Dr E, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- 6110 Martinez St, Colorado Springs, CO 80913
- 1871 S Pueblo Blvd #115, Pueblo, CO 81005
- 3291 Dillon Dr STE E-4, Pueblo, CO 81008