COLORADO SPRINGS – A 41-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a string of robberies over a six-month period in Colorado Springs.
Officers arrested Joshua Lee Youngblood for nine robberies that happened between January 9 and June 27, 2018. Five of the crimes included him entering businesses and pointing a semiautomatic handgun at employees and demanding money, according to CSPD.
Four of the robberies involved the suspect targeting pharmacies and presenting notes demanding prescription narcotics, police said.
Youngblood’s arrest followed a single motorcycle crash in Teller County on August 18. Deputies responded to the scene and discovered Youngblood had active warrants in Colorado Springs and Kiowa County.
He was then taken into custody where search warrants were filed. Upon executing the search warrants in the 1100 block of North Weber Street, Fremont County Sheriff’s deputies and Colorado Springs Police officers found handguns and narcotics connecting Youngblood to the crimes.
Anyone with information or is a witness to this investigation is asked to call CSPD at (719) 444-7000.
These are the robbery dates and locations:
- 01/09/2018 Staybridge Inn & Suites, 7130 Commerce Center Drive
- 04/11/2018 Walgreens (pharmacy), 5713 Flintridge Drive
- 05/28/2018 Subway, 4435 Centennial Boulevard
- 05/28/2018 Carl’s Jr., 13315 Voyager Parkway
- 06/07/2018 Walgreens (pharmacy), 7390 Rangewood Drive
- 06/08/2018 Dominos, 7055 Lexington Drive
- 06/09/2018 Starbucks, 3104 West Colorado Avenue
- 06/13/2018 Safeway (pharmacy), 840 Village Center Drive
- 06/27/2018 Safeway (pharmacy), 6520 South Academy Boulevard