COLORADO SPRINGS – The Colorado Springs Police Department wants to alert the community that a “Sexually Violent Predator” has moved to an address in the CSPD jurisdiction.
In accordance with Colorado law, the Colorado Department of Correction notified CSPD that Aaron John Victorian will be on supervised release, parole, and has moved to an address in the Springs.
Victorian has been labeled a Sexually Violent Predator by the parole board based on past behavior.
The 71-year-old Victorian is described as being a black male, 6’01”, 230 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He is registered and residing at 7299 Issaquah Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80923.
Victorian’s criminal history shows that in August of 2014, he was convicted of Sexual Assault on a Child – Position of Trust – Pattern of Abuse – Victim Under 15, Aggravated Incest and Sexual Contact – No Consent – Attempted in El Paso County District Court, Case #2003CR1259.
Victorian was also convicted in May of 1987 for 2nd Degree Sexual Assault in El Paso County District Court, Case #1986CR2295, and Keeping a Place of Prostitution in November of 1975, in El Paso County District Court, Case # 197CR22421.
Victorian is one of sixteen “Sexually Violent Predators” currently registered with the Colorado Springs Police Department who reside in this community. CSPD said they take his presence in our community very seriously and are intent on insuring he conducts himself in a lawful manner and that our citizens remain safe and aware.
As required by law, CSPD has undertaken the following tasks:
- Notified the D.O.C. Sex Offender Management Board (SOMB) Notification Team.
- Reviewed and confirmed Victorian’s residence, employment, access to vehicles, legal status, and past crimes.
- Made personal and/or mail notifications to neighbors and businesses deemed to be in the immediate area.
- Briefed patrol personnel on Victorian’s status, history, appearance, residence, employment, and vehicles.
- Notified surrounding law enforcement agencies.
- Provided an online video that describes the SVP community notification process, SVP information, and additional resources for the community.
- Online SVP Community Notification video at: www.coloradosprings.gov. Click on Public Safety, then click on Police.
Anyone with further questions about this SVP and this Community Notification process can contact Detective Rob Meredith of the Colorado Springs Police Department Registered Sex Offender Unit at 719-444-7665 or Detective Nancy Gifford at 719-444-7672.