Law enforcement officers from across the state want to get the word out about the 14th National Drug Take Back Initiative.
The DEA is coordinating the nationwide effort which is focused on providing convenient locations for the public to drop off medications.
The drug take back event will happen Saturday, April 28 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
They will take excess, unused and expired substances. They will not accept any needles & sharps, mercury, oxygen containers, chemo/radiation substances, pressurized canisters, or illicit drugs.
Here are the Colorado Springs and El Paso County locations:
- Colorado Springs Police Department Police Operations Center – 705 South Nevada Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- El Paso County Household Hazardous Waste Facility – 3255 Akers Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80922
- University of Colorado Memorial Hospital North – 4050 Briargate Parkway, Colorado Springs, CO 80920
- Security Fire Department, Station 1 – 400 Security Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80911
- Pueblo Police Department– 200 S Main Street, Pueblo, CO 81003
- Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office West Sub-Station, 320 Joe Martinez Blvd.
- Pueblo Rural Fire Station, 29912 U.S. Highway 50 E (between Wago Drive and 30th Lane)
- South County Fire Station, 4495 Bent Brothers Blvd., Rye
There are several locations in Fremont County:
- Cañon City Police Department– 161 Justice Center Rd., Cañon City
- FCSO, Garden Park building– 201 N. 6th St., Cañon City
- Florence Police Department– 600 W. 3rd Street, Florence