District 49 Schools will now join the number of other districts across the state in cancelling classes for students Friday.
A letter was sent to families Wednesday afternoon that the number of planned absences has grown past the point where D49 can ensure safe and quality operations. The day will be considered a professional work day, according to D49.
The letter also asks teachers who plan to attend the day of action at the state capitol to request personal leave. All after-school co-curricular activities, performances and competitions will continue as scheduled.
Here is a list of schools across the state that have cancelled classes for students Friday:
- Academy District 20
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools
- Adams County District 14
- Aurora Public Schools
- Boulder Valley School District
- Brighton Public Schools
- Cañon City Schools
- Cherry Creek Schools
- Colorado Military Academy
- Colorado Springs District 11
- Denver Public Schools
- Douglas County Schools (classes canceled Thursday)
- Jefferson County schools (classes canceled Thursday)
- Littleton Public Schools
- Manitou Springs District 14
- Poudre School District
- St. Vrain Valley School District
- Thompson School District
Widefield Schools will also be closed Friday, but that was a scheduled day off before the school year began.