A number of Pueblo businesses have been cited for serving underage customers alcohol.
The Pueblo Police Department Narcotics Section conducted underage liquor compliance checks at some local businesses. In conducting checks, a person under the age of 21 was sent into 17 random business throughout Pueblo and attempted to buy alcohol beverages.
Police said of the 17 businesses, eight sold alcohol to the underage customer. Citations were issued to all eight businesses and will be sent to the Pueblo Liquor Board for additional administrative action.
This is under Pueblo Municipal Code 11-1-207(e), where it is unlawful to sell, serve, give away, dispose of, exchange, deliver, or permit the sale, or procuring of any alcoholic beverage to or for anyone under the age of 21.
Here is the list of the businesses that committed violations:
- Eagle Liquor & Cigars – 1020 Eagleridge Boulevard
- JR’s Liquor – 721 N. Grand Avenue
- Loco Wines & Liquors, Inc. – 125 S. Santa Fe Avenue
- Northern Avenue Liquors – 213 W. Northern Avenue
- Norwood Discount Liquors – 2101 N. Norwood Avenue
- Prairie Liquors – 1659 S. Prairie Avenue
- Shanty Liquor – 2212 E. 4th Street
- Village Wine & Spirits – 3037 N. Elizabeth Street