If you use a Roku TV to watch KOAA News5, you may need to rescan it to receive antenna channels. KOAA recently received an upgrade to give you a more powerful HD signal for a better viewing experience.
There are many models of Roku TVs and the following instructions work for most brands but not all. Each TV manufacturer uses a different term to describe a rescan. Most Roku TVs call their rescan function "Scan for Channels" or "Set up input."
Most modern TCL TVs are also known as "Roku TVs," so if you just bought a new TV you may have this type of TV.
Here are the steps to follow to rescan:
1. Press the "Home" button on your remote to get to the menu. This may also be the screen that pops up when you turn your TV on
2. There should be a menu on the left side of your screen. Click "Settings"
3. You will be taken to another menu. Click "TV Inputs" in this menu
4. Next, select "Antenna TV" or "Broadcast TV"
5. Last step is to select "Set Up Input" or for some models, "Scan for Channels"