A shooting at a home in southeast Texas has left five people dead and three hospitalized, according to the San Jacinto County Sheriff's Office.
An 8-year-old is among the deceased.
Authorities are still looking for the suspected shooter.
The San Jacinto County Sheriff's Office said the suspect, 38-year-old Francisco Oropeza, is considered armed and dangerous.
San Jacinto County Sheriff Greg Capers told reporters the suspect started shooting his neighbors after the family asked him to stop firing his rifle in his front yard. Police believe the suspect has fled the county.
"We know who he is. He is from Mexico," Capers told local reporters. "The victim's themselves were from the Honduras."
Police received multiple 911 calls Friday night and were dispatched to a residence in the 100 block of Walters Road in Cleveland, Texas. Police found multiple people deceased in the home, and others in critical condition.
A nearby resident told ABC News there are always shootings in the area.
"There are always people calling the cops and there's nothing being done," Veronica Pineda said.
Police issued an arrest warrant for the suspect and assigned a $5 million dollar bond.
The investigation into the shooting and the search for the shooter was still ongoing as of Saturday evening.
It's the latest mass shooting in Texas, which has faced some of the deadliest mass shooting incidents in recent years, including in Uvlade, Texas, where 19 children and 2 teachers were killed.
Texas lawmakers have only eased gun laws in the state, including passing a permitless carry bill allowing anyone 21 or older to carry a handgun in public without a permit.
So far this year, the United States has had more than 160 mass shootings, according to the Gun Violence Archive.
Trending stories at Scrippsnews.com