Arkansas River Near Avondale affecting Pueblo County.
.High flows and minor flooding will continue along the Arkansas
River due to recent increased water releases from Pueblo Reservoir
The Flood Warning continues for
The Arkansas River Near Avondale.
* until further notice…Or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 10:30 PM Tuesday the stage was 6.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…Rise above flood stage by late this evening and continue
to rise to near 7.2 feet by after midnight tonight.
* Impact…At 7.0 feet…Minor Flood. Minor lowland flooding occurs
Stay away from the banks of rivers and streams. During a flood…
saturated banks can easily break off and fall into potentially
deadly…fast flowing flood water.
Stay tuned to your National Weather Service in Pueblo for the latest
information. For the latest hydrologic forecasts and warnings…visit
the National Weather Service in Pueblo at weather.gov/pueblo. You can
link directly to the hydrology page by clicking on Rivers and Lakes
above the map.