Arkansas River Near Avondale affecting Pueblo County.
.High flows and minor flooding will continue along the Arkansas
River due to increased water releases from Pueblo Reservoir.
The National Weather Service in Pueblo has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Arkansas River Near Avondale.
* from this evening until further notice.
* At 10:00 AM Tuesday the stage was 6.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…Rise above flood stage by early this evening and
continue to rise to near 7.2 feet by after midnight tonight.
* Impact…At 7.0 feet…Minor Flood. Minor lowland flooding occurs
Stay away from the banks of rivers and streams. During a flood…
saturated banks can easily break off and fall into potentially
deadly…fast flowing flood water.
Stay tuned to your National Weather Service in Pueblo for the latest
information. For the latest hydrologic forecasts and warnings…visit
the National Weather Service in Pueblo at weather.gov/pueblo. You can
link directly to the hydrology page by clicking on Rivers and Lakes
above the map.