Arkansas River Near Avondale affecting Pueblo County.
Arkansas River At La Junta affecting Otero County.
.High flows and minor flooding will continue along the Arkansas
River due to increased water releases from Pueblo Reservoir.
The Flood Warning continues for
The Arkansas River Near Avondale.
* until late tonight…Or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:15 AM Monday the stage was 7.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 7.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
late this afternoon.
* Impact…At 7.0 feet…Minor Flood. Minor lowland flooding occurs
Stay away from the banks of rivers and streams. During a flood…
saturated banks can easily break off and fall into potentially
deadly…fast flowing flood water.
Stay tuned to your National Weather Service in Pueblo for the latest
information. For the latest hydrologic forecasts and warnings…visit
the National Weather Service in Pueblo at weather.gov/pueblo. You can
link directly to the hydrology page by clicking on Rivers and Lakes
above the map.