FORT CARSON – Numerous insurance providers will be on post at Fort Carson to assess damage and take claims from Monday’s damaging hail storm.
USAA is set up at the Motor Pool building off McGrath Avenue from 12 p.m. until 7 p.m. USAA also has two sites set up off post at the Southgate Home Depot from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and at Phil Long Volvo in Motor City from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Geico will receieve damaged cars at the Main Exchange starting Friday.
Drivers who think their vehicles are a total loss should bring their titles with them for the assessment.
Those who also file a claim with the Army Center for Personnel Claims Support should be sure to provide the following items in their online claim:
- Proof of filing with insurance. You must provide a copy of your policy to CPCS if the damages are not covered or are less than the deductible.
- Photos of the damage
- A completed CEFT Form (available on PCLAIMS PLUS)
- Power of Attorney or written authorization to file claim (if filed by other than claimant/owner)
- Military Police Report or statement from your supervisor stating the time, date, place, and manner that the damage occurred. Statements provided by Civilian employees should also indicate your duty status at the time of the loss.
- One estimate of repair (motor vehicle claims) or proof of value of loss.
- Motor vehicle registration and insurance. For claims for damage to motor vehicles, you must show proof that your vehicle registration and insurance were valid at the time of the loss.
Those who file an additional claim with the Center for Personnel Claims Support should have filed a claim with their insurance company beforehand.