Dozens of places around Colorado will participate in National Wreaths Across America Day this year, and volunteers from around the state are welcome to join and lay wreaths at local veterans’ graves.
National Wreaths Across America Day is Dec. 19 and about 2,100 locations in the United States and abroad will take part in 2020.
The nonprofit Wreaths Across America reports that more than 60 locations around Colorado are participating, from the Western Slope to the mountains to the Front Range to the eastern plains.
Volunteers can sign up online to place the wreaths at the graves. Click here to learn more about volunteering at a cemetery near you.
“In many homes, there is an empty seat for one who is serving or one who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country,” the national nonprofit’s website reads. “There is no better time to express our appreciation than during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.”
The following locations are participating this year in the Denver metro area:
- Olinger Highland Mortuary and Cemetery (10201 Grant St., Thornton)
- Arvada Cemetery (5581 Independence St., Arvada)
- Olinger Crown Hill Mortuary & Cemetery (7777 W. 29th Ave., Wheat Ridge)
- Fort Logan National Cemetery (4400 W. Kenyon Ave., Denver)
- Fairmont Cemetery (430 S Quebec St., Denver)
Click here to to see all other partaking locations.