COLORADO SPRINGS — Getting around downtown Colorado Springs and some then in some areas on the Westside will prove to be challenging on Saturday. The Colorado Springs Marathon begins and ends downtown and Coronado High School is celebrating its homecoming parade in Old Colorado City.
There are numerous planned road closures as a result. Expect delays in many areas and plan your alternate route ahead of time.
Colorado Springs Marathon
1 a.m. – 4 p.m.
· Vermijo Street, between Tejon Street and Nevada Avenue
6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
· Northbound Cascade Avenue and Tejon Street, between Costilla Street and Vermijo Street
· Southbound Cascade Avenue and Tejon Street, between Pikes Peak Avenue and Colorado Avenue
· Cascade Avenue and Tejon Street, between Vermijo Street and Colorado Avenue (both directions)
· Vermijo Street, between Cascade Avenue and Tejon Street (both directions)
· Westbound Colorado Avenue, between Tejon Street and Nevada Avenue
· Colorado Avenue, between Walnut Street and Tejon Street
Coronado High School Homecoming Parade
8:30 – 11 a.m..
· Colorado Avenue, between 30th Street and 23rd Street