EL PASO COUNTY — Here is a traffic alert that could impact your commute on Wednesday, March 11.
Starting at 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Wednesday, the southbound on-ramp at I-25 and Interquest Parkway, Milepoint 153, will be closed.
During the closure, CDOT maintenance will be repairing a bridge joint. Motorists will be detoured to the Briargate on-ramp.
Here are some tips to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones:
- Do not speed in work zones.
- Stay alert and expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers and drive with caution.
- If unnecessary, don't change lanes.
- Do not use your cell phones while driving.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow enoug space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so.
- Be patient!