PUEBLO WEST — An explosion at a Pueblo West home Tuesday afternoon was caused by a butane hash oil operation, the Pueblo County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday.
Deputies responded to the home at 994 S. Tierra Buena Dr. in Pueblo West Tuesday afternoon on a report of a possible explosion. When they arrived, they found the attached garage on fire, the department said. Pueblo West Fire responded and extinguished the flames.
A 39-year-old man inside the home suffered burns and was taken to a local hospital for treatment. No other injuries were reported.
The Sheriff's Office said during the investigation, detectives discovered the fire was a result of an explosion of a butane hash oil operation that was set up in the garage.
After obtaining a search warrant, detectives found several plastic tubs of marijuana product, hash oil, two guns, and expensive equipment used in the making of butane hash oil.
The incident is still under investigation and the DEA is assisting the Sheriff's Office. No arrests have been made at this time.
The Sheriff's Office said extensive damage was done to the home in the explosion and the building was condemned.