PUEBLO — Pueblo PD reports that quick work by one of their officers may have prevented a fatal overdose.
According to the department, an officer was dispatched to the McDonald's in Belmont Friday night after a man walked into the restaurant and told an employee that his friend was in the parking lot and had OD'd.
When the officer located the man, his eyes were rolled back in his head and his breathing was shallow and raspy.
PD said the officer quickly grabbed his Narcan and administered it to the man, averting the potentially fatal overdose.
The man was then transported to an area hospital for treatment.
No further information on the incident has been released.