COLORADO SPRINGS — Several pet owners in the Skyway neighborhood are speaking out after multiple dogs have been poisoned in recent weeks.
On December 18th, Sierra Stulb and her husband, Eric, noticed their 10-year-old dog, Ender, acting a bit different.
"We thought he was sick. Maybe he has cancer and something is wrong with him," said Stulb.
Just a few hours later, Ender was vomiting blood and could barely keep his head up.
The Stulb's immediately rushed him to an emergency vet.
"The kids came up and said bye to him and I stayed up with him and he made it to the morning," said Stulb.
Stulb says that is when she was told that Ender had been poisoned.
"To have a dog poisoned is just an unconscionable thing. It's so hard to rectify, how could someone do that," said Stulb.
Stulb's vet also confirmed that Ender had been poisoned.
The vet also had a necropsy done where it showed ulceration from the inside of Ender's mouth all the way to his rectum.
"The vet insisted it initially, and then consistently that the dog had definitely been poisoned and he had been poisoned directly because of the amount of blood he was losing," said Stulb.
Stulb posted on the Nextdoor app, and in just a short period of time she found out Ender wasn't the only dog this had happened to in the neighborhood.
"I just gave a little synopsis of what had happened not knowing that this was going to be a comprehensive thing that neighbors had been going through," said Stulb.
News5 reached out to Stulb's neighbors who say their two dogs were beaten to death in 2017.
They tell us it's a serious problem the neighborhood is facing, and something needs to happen.
"This neighborhood is a dog neighborhood, everyone walks their dog, Bear Creek Dog Park is just a step away from our neighborhood, this is a really big dog community," said Stulb.
A dog community that the Stulb's will always remember Ender being a part of.
"He is everywhere. He is with us all the time. He is walking with us and he is walking with our children," said Stulb.
A spokesperson for the Humane Society of The Pikes Peak Region confirms there is an active investigation into the incident.