COLORADO SPRINGS — The Colorado Department of Transportation has postponed a temporary full closure of northbound I-25 originally scheduled for Wednesday night.
There is no information at this time about when the closure will be rescheduled.
This change is a part of a traffic switch. Northbound I-25 traffic will shift east on new permanent pavement to allow crews to work on the middle of the current southbound lane and the new northbound lanes.
In addition, northbound I-25 on-ramps at Santa Fe Avenue and Mesa Ridge Parkway will also be closed.
- Northbound I-25 at Santa Fe Avenue (Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 9 p.m. to Thursday, Dec. 14 at 5 a.m.)
- Northbound I-25 on-ramp at Santa Fe Ave (Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 8 p.m. to Thursday, Dec. 14 at 5 a.m.)
- Northbound I-25 on-ramp at Mesa Ridge Parkway (Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 7 p.m. to Thursday, Dec. 14 at 5 a.m.)
Detours to be put place:
- Northbound I-25 through traffic will exit at Santa Fe Ave, travel north on US 85/87, turn west onto South Academy Blvd and reenter I-25 at mile 135.
- Traffic that would normally use the Santa Fe Ave on-ramp will be diverted to northbound US 85/87, turn west onto South Academy and reenter I-25 at mile 135.
- Traffic that would normally use the Mesa Ridge Parkway on-ramp will travel south and exit at Santa Fe Ave, turn left and travel north on US 85/87, turn west onto South Academy Blvd and reenter I-25 at mile 135.
In the event of bad weather, a contingency night has been scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 14.
During future paving operations, I-25 will require a detour of southbound lanes at MP 128 using the on- and off-ramps at Santa Fe Ave.
Watch KOAA News5 on your time, anytime with our free streaming app available for your Roku, FireTV, AppleTV and Android TV. Just search KOAA News5, download and start watching.