COLORADO SPRINGS — There will be several El Paso County locations where you can drop off your trees to support youth development nonprofits and reduce tree waste.
Starting Jan. 2, the TreeCycle event will be available at six locations:
- Baptist Road Trailhead (Baptist Road & Old Denver Highway)
- Falcon Trailhead (SW of Woodmen Road & McLaughlin Road)
- Cottonwood Creek Park (Dublin Blvd. & Montarbor Drive)
- UC Health Park (Barnes Road & Tutt Blvd.)
- Rock Ledge Ranch (Gateway Road & 30th Street)
- Memorial Park (Pikes Peak Avenue & Union Blvd.)
Every donation can be made at the suggested price of $5 per tree and that will help benefit local youth sports, according to the county.
Colorado Springs Youth Sports is working with El Paso County, the City of Colorado Springs, and Colorado Springs Utilities to run these events plus, for the first time this year, donations will be accepted online.
If you can't make it to either of these donation events, no need to worry. The county said donations can be made at Rocky Top Resources on Las Vegas Street from Dec. 28 to Dec. 30 and from Jan. 4 to Jan. 30. You can drop trees off from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.