COLORADO SPRINGS — Is it a coincidence or are they all connected?
That's the question News 5 is digging into after there were four armed robberies across Colorado Springs on Monday night.
As of Tuesday, News 5 was still waiting for Colorado Springs Police to provide more details. However, this is the information from the department's blotter:
- Happened around 9:40 p.m. in the 1700 block of Briargate Boulevard
- Victim told police she was sitting on a curb when a dark car pulled up next to her
- Two men got out of the vehicle and one pointed a silver handgun at her head demanding her phone and purse
- There was a third person driving the vehicle
- Happened around 10 p.m. in the 6500 block of Baytree Grove
- Another woman was robbed at gunpoint
- The suspect descriptions in this case and the previous one matched
- Happened just after 11 p.m. in the 900 block of East Moreno Avenue
- A man was outside of a house when he was confronted by two men
- A silver handgun was pointed at the man and the suspects demanded his phone and wallet
- As officers were investigating the third incident they got another call in the 900 block of East Costilla Street
- A man had been waiting in a vehicle when he was approached by two men
- A silver handgun was pointed at the victim as the suspects demanded for his phone and wallet
- No one was injured during either of these robberies.
News 5 will keep you updated.