COLORADO SPRINGS — We've got a traffic alert for you that could impact your commute on Sunday.
On March 15, from midnight until 4 p.m., all eastbound lanes of Woodmen Rd., between Corporate Center Dr. and Vincent Dr. as well as nortbound I-25 Woodmen Rd. Exit 149 ramp will be closed.
All eastbound lanes of Woodmen Rd. between Corporate Center Dr. and Vincent Dr. and northbound I-25 Woodemen Rd, Exit 149 ram will be closed from midnight until 4 p.m.
According to a press release sent by the Colorado Department of Transportation, this is happening to facilitate an emergency repair of a collapsing storm pipe under the roadway.
Expect delays and taken alternate routes.
The following traffic impacts will be in place during construction:
· Northbound I-25 Woodmen Road Exit 149 will be CLOSED
· Southbound I-25 Woodmen Road Exit 149 will be restricted to westbound traffic (right turns) only
· Recommended detours: Nevada Avenue/Corporate Center Drive (Exit 148) or Academy Boulevard (Exit 150)
· Eastbound travelers will be detoured at Corporate Center Drive
· All westbound lanes of Woodmen Road will remain OPEN
· Vincent Drive will be open across Woodmen Road. Vehicles can turn westbound