DENVER — Good news, Broncos fans! The team has received approval from the state of Colorado and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to host approximately 5,700 fans for the remaining six regular-season games at Empower Field at Mile High.
The decision, which was made on Monday, is an extension of the previously approved seating capacity guidelines in place when the Broncos hosted approximately 5,700 fans at their second home game against Tampa Bay on September 27.
Beginning with the Broncos’ next home game against Miami on Sunday, October 18, season ticket members will have the chance to buy six-game regular-season ticket packages. The team will also reserve a select number of ticket inventory for a season ticket member single-game presale set for October 13.
Working together closely with the state and public health experts, the Broncos will continue to re-evaluate fan attendance for future home games and will adjust based on the latest recommendations from health officials.
The following safety protocols and changes to the gameday environment will remain in effect:
- Seats will be sold in “pods” of two and four tickets, and sections are separated into smaller groups with designated entry, concession, and restroom areas to limit fan exposure in alignment with the state’s outdoor event guidance. Suite seating options, with limited capacity, are also available first to current Broncos premium members.
- Face coverings are required at all times (unless eating or drinking). There are also several social distancing requirements, which include no tailgating or congregating inside the concourses/stadium bowl.
- Empower Field at Mile High has become an entirely mobile/cashless stadium, with reverse ATMs available for fans who bring cash. The stadium has also installed touch-less restrooms, improved air purification systems, and increased sanitization protocols while providing extensive staff training.
Below are details regarding fan responsibilities and safety enhancements at Empower Field at Mile High:
TICKETING PODS, SECTIONS & CONCESSIONS
- To maintain pod integrity, fans will be required to attend games with known family/friends or transfer the allotment as a single unit or to a family member/friend attending the game within the pod.
- Suite clients will be contacted directly by their manager of suite services with options. Capacity will be limited within each of the premium areas, including United Clubs, 5280 Room and suites.
- Fans will be separated into sections to limit exposure between fans. Each group will be asked to use concession and restroom areas located in the vicinity of their section. These sections will have a maximum of 175 people in accordance with the state’s outdoor event guidance.
- Empower Field at Mile High, which has fully transitioned to digital ticketing/parking passes, now is entirely cashless at concessions to minimize contact between guests and staff. Purchases can be made through mobile devices (ex: Apple Pay) and traditional scan/chip options for credit/debits cards at all points of sale.
- For fans who bring cash, there will be reverse ATM options. This will act as a pre-paid debit card (can be used outside of the stadium).
- Empower Field at Mile High and Aramark will continue to use the several self-service concession kiosks that were introduced last season. These point-of-sale touchless options have been expanded throughout the stadium.
- All fans will be required to wear face coverings and practice social distancing when on stadium grounds. Any fan who does not comply with these guidelines will be required to leave the stadium.
- Tailgating will not be permitted in any form in the parking lots. Congregating in parking lots, concourses or stadium bowl is prohibited.
- Empower Field at Mile High will assign entry gates based on seat location. With social distancing in effect, fans are asked to provide extra time to go through the security screening process.
- Fans are required to take their temperature before heading to the stadium. Fans should stay home if they are sick, showing any COVID-19 symptoms or if they have come in close contact with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19.
SAFETY ENHANCEMENTS AT EMPOWER FIELD AT MILE HIGH
- Based on guidelines from the state, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the NFL and public health experts, Empower Field at Mile High has implemented numerous health and safety enhancements.
- All staff working on gamedays will go through a health screening (questionnaire and temperature check) and are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times. In addition, all staff will have undergone extensive COVID-19 safety training.
- Even though capacity will be significantly limited, security and guest relations staffing numbers will closely resemble a normal game to ensure the safety of all guests at Empower Field at Mile High.
- All bathrooms have implemented entirely touchless systems, including toilets, sinks and paper towel dispensers.
- Air quality improvements include more effective filters & Bipolar ionization to lower the risk of disease transfer.
- To reduce or eliminate bacteria on widely used handrails, UV-C lights were installed on escalators.
- More than 500 hand sanitizer stations—both stand-alone and wall-mounted units—were installed for fans to utilize throughout the stadium.
- Signage will be clearly displayed, reinforcing social distancing guidelines and safety regulations.
- High-touch surfaces will be regularly disinfected and cleaned with EPA-registered products.