COLORADO SPRINGS — Colorado Springs Fire Department puts out a fire at a residence in Colorado Springs early Friday afternoon.
According to CSFD Twitter, they were on the scene of a fire located at Main Street and West Tyler Street. The department reported heavy fire from the front of the home.
KOAA's Chief Photographer Adam Knapik was on scene and talked with CSFD. He confirmed with officials that residents were doing mechanical work on a truck in front of their detached garage when the truck caught fire. As the truck ignited, six propane tanks in the garage fueled the flames, causing the garage to set fire.
According to CSFD, this fire knocked down power lines as well. 24 firefighters arrived on scene. They were able to contain the fire to two vehicles and the garage, and the fire was put out within 15 minutes.
CSFD warns residents to watch for crews responding in the area.