COLORADO — May is Mental Health Awareness Month, but it can also be a high-stress month for many youth across the country with high schoolers focussing on college enrollment, graduation, SAT exams, and other changing events.
The Colorado Children's Hospital is looking to provide families, and parents tools to take with their children about difficult conversations related to mental health.
The hospital says the town hall will focus on the following:
- How to ask if your child is experiencing suicidal thoughts
- How to help kids address fears associated with violence targeted at schools and youth across the country
- Warning signs of substance use, depression, anxiety and more
- How to navigate your child’s heightened anxiety during final exams and the upcoming summer
- How to address mood disorders and find treatment
- How to develop a structure or routine for your child’s summer break
The virtual forum will be held on Tuesday, May 9th, you can sign up for the forum here.
Watch KOAA News5 on your time, anytime with our free streaming app available for your Roku, FireTV, AppleTV and Android TV. Just search KOAA News5, download and start watching.