EL PASO COUNTY — On Wednesday, December 11 the Colorado Department of Transportation will be closing lanes near Fountain for bridge inspection.
CDOT will close the right lanes on northbound and southbound I-25 from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. and the left lanes from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. near Fountain, mile-points 124 to 126 to gain access and inspect.
Remember to slow down when you are in the cone zone.
- Do not speed in work zones. Obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers. Drive with caution.
- Don't change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile devices such as phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so.
- Be patient!
For more information, click here.