COLORADO SPRINGS — The Colorado Department of Transportation is holding career fairs around the state to hire maintenance workers for permanent, temporary full-time, and part-time positions.
CDOT says permanent positions include full benefits (worth an average of $16,669 per year) and promotional opportunities.
A variety of positions are available for hire, including:
- CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) Highway Maintenance Employee and Temporary Winter Employee
- Requires a CDL A or B and two years of experience in labor and/or equipment operation
- Temporary Highway Maintenance Trainees (CDOT assists with CDL attainment once hired)
- Must be at least 18 and requires a valid regular driver's license
- Some experience in labor and/or equipment operation preferred, not required
- Temporary/Permanent Equipment Mechanics (CDL preferred, not required)
CDOT says certain positions and locations offer a housing stipend, and that all positions include paid sick leave.
CDOT says temporary seasonal positions generally last up to nine months. However, seasonal workers can apply for full-time maintenance positions based on experience gained while in the temporary position.
Below is a list of where and when the career fairs will take place. CDOT says positions are available also available in other areas across the state other than the locations listed.
Saturday, Sept. 11, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
10350 County Road 120, Salida, CO 81201
Saturday, Oct. 9. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
1185 County Road 16, Fairplay, CO 80440
Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
20581 U.S. 160, Durango, CO 81301
Thursday, Sept. 16, 8 a.m. to noon.
10601 W. 10th St., Greeley, CO 80634
Wednesday, Sept. 22, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
1198 S. Adams Ave., Silverthorne, CO 80498
Thursday, Oct. 7, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
14764 U.S. 40, Empire, CO 80438
Thursday, Sept. 23, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
10519 U.S. 6, Gypsum, CO 81637
Tuesday, Sept. 28, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
202 Centennial St. Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Thursday, Sept. 30, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
2328 G Road, Grand Junction, CO 81505
Saturday, Sept. 25, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
583 Topaz Ave., Granby, CO 80446
Saturday, October 2, 8 a.m. to noon.
18500 E Colfax Ave, Aurora, CO 80011