COLORADO SPRINGS — The Shannon Glen Apartments, otherwise known as the Thrive at the Incline, were evacuated in December because of suspected asbestos in the building. One of the residents, Caroline Lester, told News5 her cat must have hidden while she was moving, and was left in the apartment building for months.
Lester said she had lived in that building for 18 years. When they moved out because of the asbestos concerns, she thought one of her cats had ran away outside. However, when walking by the apartments on Monday, she said she saw him in her old window.
Lester said she called the property management for the building, who at first said they would help. Then on Tuesday, she said she was told that no one would be allowed in the building, and they would not be able to reunite her with her cat.
News5 called the property management company on Thursday, to let them know we were pursuing the story, and wanted to hear their side of it. On Friday, Lester called News5 and told us she had gotten her cat back. "Trying my best, anything I could do to find him to start with. And then finally, talking to you guys, and you obviously talked to them, and I got the call to come get him," said Lester.
Lester said her cat is very skinny now, and will need to see a veterinarian.
The property management company said they cannot comment on this story, because of the active investigation.