COLORADO SPRINGS — Care and Share will be holding two large Mobile Food Pantry distributions in an effort to save 380,000 lbs. of food by supplying more than 1,000 neighbors.
The large-scale distributions are happening on November 9 and 16 outside of both its Colorado Springs and Pueblo facilities.
Here is what you need to know if you are attending the distribution:
- Care and Share will be distributing food starting exactly at 12 p.m. lasting until 4 p.m.. Neighbors will not be allowed to arrive early. There will be plenty of food.
- It is a drive-thru style distribution. Volunteers and staff will load food directly into vehicles.
- Neighbors will be asked several self-declared questions upon arrival, such as household size and income eligibility.
- Care and Share encourages people to come both weekends.
- Fresh produce and staple items will be given out such as apples, grapes, oranges, milk, frozen meals, beans and peanut butter.
Care and Share has 380,000 pounds planned for all four distributions, which exceeds the previous distributions of this sort.
Colorado Springs facility is located at 2605 Preamble Point and the Pueblo facility is located at 100 Greenhorn Drive.