COLORADO SPRINGS – Fire crews are investigating a fire that may have started as a result of an outdoor grill. The flames spread along the home’s siding and eventually into the garage and attic spaces of the home. Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly at the home in the 1300 block of Lewis Lane.
Thick black smoke could be seen in the area. Fire crews are expected to be at the home for a while as they look into the cause of the fire. No one was injured and you may want to avoid the area due to blocked streets.
Structure fire near Lewis and Doyle.
CSFD tells me a grill had burned the siding of a house and extended into the garage space. Firefighters were able to knock out the fire early. No one was injured. @KOAA pic.twitter.com/5m29Z2awUq
— Caiti Blase (@cblasekoaa) April 20, 2019